Wednesday, February 26, 2020

"Intentions" For the Women #HarveyWeinstein


#HarveyWeinstein

Intentions

When she says, “Me too.” When she says, “You know me.”
My intention is to sit, listen, acknowledge, and support her.

When she says nothing, but her tears tell the story,
My intention is to let the story be told, then validate her truth so she can catch her breath.

When she says, “He did these things.”
My intention is to believe her and share her pain.

When she says, “He tried to silence my voice, steal my identity, erase my name, and destroy my soul…”
My intention is to remind her of her humanity. My intention is to remind her of her powerful voice. My intention is to remind her of her strength.

When he (whoever he may be) thinks he can trample her being and steal her voice,
My intention is to join with all the voices who condemn him for his brazen cruelty.

When he (whoever he may be) attacks, beats, and abuses women for decades and somehow evades justice,
My intention is to encourage the women who finally have their say.

When he (whoever he may be) says, “It was her fault. She wanted it.”
My intention is to be enraged, and then work to highlight her brave honesty.

Whether he is a movie mogul, a president, a man of power, or the guy down the street,
My intention is to condemn his lies, his ruthlessness, and his brutality.

When he goes to prison,
My intention is to lift my eyes with hers and feel the streams of justice flow down.

And tomorrow, when he (whoever he may be) is made known for his brand of cruelty,
My intention is to continue the fight with her.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment